A QUICK SNEAK INTO MY MIND

Sunday, September 25, 2005

Pleasing Others

Hi

I read this quote and immediately after reading it I sortta started contemplating about what was being conveyed.

The quote is :

"I cannot give you the formula for success, but I can give you the formula for failure- try to please everybody."
-- Herbert Bayard Swope

As far as I am concerned let me give u my view points:

For:
1)Thinking too much bout others can lead to unneccesary tensions.
2) It also leads to a pile of unneccessay work.
3) People start expecting too much out of u.
4) Slowly u may lose ur importance among others coz ur alwayz available for others.

Against:
1) Man is a social creature and He is bound to live in social way.
2) It is imperative to please others inorder to expect something in return.

Im bit confused regarding the context of quote.Does pleasing means helping others or something else.

Come on speak out ur mind.
How many of you think that this quote is really relevant or how many of you think that this i just another quote.
How many of you think that our work comes before every thing else.
How many of u think that compromising our work to please others is just a sheer waste of time.
How many of u support the wisdom of this quote.

EnJoY
Saurabh

p.s. i wrote this post and pressed publish post without realising that the internet is disconnected.so this post is actually the outcome of double effort.
Neetie i have to still obey with the tag.

14 Comments:

Blogger Platinumccards said...

Hey, I was searching blogs, and came onto yours, and I like it.
If you got time , go visit my site, it´s about Chase Ultimate Rewards Expresss. It pretty much covers offers on Chase Ultimate Rewards Expresss and other similar credit and debit cards available.


Thomas

12:08 PM

 
Blogger Michael said...

'Julie & Julia: 365 Days, 524 Recipes, 1 Tiny Apartment Kitchen'
LITTLE, BROWN; 309 Pages; $23.95 At the beginning of the memoir "Julie & Julia," we find Julie Powell on the verge of an emotional meltdown.
Great job on your blog! I'll have to surf by again!

Hey, if you get a chance check out my atkins carb diabetes diet low site. It'sgot some great atkins carb diabetes diet low related info and you can't beat it.

Please stop by and check it out if you get a chance :-)

12:14 PM

 
Blogger amit said...

cant help agreeing with u...but u know, u r goin to be a manager n u wud hv to take everyone with u in executing a decision in organisation....so whether u like it or not...u wud hv to APPEASE everyone...:)

1:49 AM

 
Blogger saurabh ohri said...

@platinumcards:
no spams dude.
i dont want any credit and debit card.
instead give me an anti-spam card.

Saurabh

9:29 AM

 
Blogger saurabh ohri said...

@micheal:
wtf i told i dont entertain spams,
and also dont let spams entertain me.
regarding diabetes can i recommend u a high fat sugary diet.

Saurabh

9:31 AM

 
Blogger saurabh ohri said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:32 AM

 
Blogger saurabh ohri said...

@amit:
i agree with u but when a manager has to think of the organisation as a whole then i dont think that it is possible to appease everyone,

Saurabh

9:33 AM

 
Blogger Fursat said...

too much deep and intellectual post..i dont go too deep :)

i guess its just a another quote..

and yes...u ll have to take the tag...

take care

God bless u !

11:29 AM

 
Blogger Karthik said...

Dude..
I've been working now for about a year..I worship my boss, for the time being atleast..and believe me you..he knows when to please and when not to..the fact is..he cares to please where the intention is without malice

Your Comments

12:55 PM

 
Blogger Vidhi said...

hello saurabh...kaise ho?

and it's very true that it's impossible to try and please everyone...it doesnt work at all...

1:06 AM

 
Blogger Vidhi said...

hey saurabh...where hv u disappeared?

1:52 AM

 
Blogger Baller said...

Clock and Watch

1:34 PM

 
Anonymous diabetes diet plan said...

It is always a relief to land on a site that delivers good information. Great work and keep it up!

Regards,

diabetes diet plan

6:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

Do you guys watch movies in theater or on internet? I use to rent DVD movies from [b]Bigflix.com[/b]. Recently I discovered that we can watch all new movies on internet on day, they are released. So why should I spend money on renting movies??? So, can you guys please tell me where I can [url=http://www.watchhotmoviesfree.com]watch latest movie Date Night 2010[/url] for free?? I have searched [url=http://www.watchhotmoviesfree.com]Youtube.com[/url], [url=http://www.watchhotmoviesfree.com]Dailymotion.com[/url], [url=http://www.watchhotmoviesfree.com]Megavideo.com[/url] but, Could not find a good working link. If you know any working link please share it with me.


Thanks

11:34 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home